- Space Gray
Apple M2 chip
- 8-core CPU with 4 performance cores and 4 efficiency cores
- 8-core GPU
- 16-core Neural Engine
- 100GB/s memory bandwidth
Configurable to M2 with 8-core CPU and 10-core GPU
- Hardware-accelerated H.264, HEVC, ProRes, and ProRes RAW
- Video decode engine
- Video encode engine
- ProRes encode and decode engine
Liquid Retina display
- 13.6-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology;1 2560-by-1664 native resolution at 224 pixels per inch with support for 1 billion colors
- 500 nits brightness
- Wide color (P3)
- True Tone technology
Battery and Power2
- Up to 18 hours Apple TV app movie playback
- Up to 15 hours wireless web
- 52.6-watt‑hour lithium‑polymer battery
- 30W USB-C Power Adapter (included with M2 with 8-core GPU)
- 35W Dual USB-C Port Compact Power Adapter (included with M2 with 10-core GPU and 512GB storage, configurable with M2 with 8-core GPU)
- USB-C to MagSafe 3 Cable
- Fast-charge capable with 70W USB-C Power Adapter
Charging and Expansion
- MagSafe 3 charging port
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Two Thunderbolt / USB 4 ports with support for:
- Thunderbolt 3 (up to 40Gb/s)
- USB 4 (up to 40Gb/s)
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10Gb/s)
- 8GB unified memory
Configurable to 16GB or 24GB
- 256GB SSD
Configurable to 512GB, 1TB, or 2TB
Keyboard and Trackpad
Backlit Magic Keyboard with:
- 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys including 12 full-height function keys and 4 arrow keys in an inverted-T arrangement
- Touch ID
- Ambient light sensor
- Force Touch trackpad for precise cursor control and pressure-sensing capabilities; enables Force clicks, accelerators, pressure-sensitive drawing, and Multi-Touch gestures
- Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax)
- Bluetooth 5.3
- 1080p FaceTime HD camera
- Advanced image signal processor with computational video
- Four-speaker sound system
- Wide stereo sound
- Support for Spatial Audio when playing music or video with Dolby Atmos on built-in speakers
- Spatial Audio with dynamic head tracking when using AirPods (3rd generation), AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max
- Three-mic array with directional beamforming
- 3.5 mm headphone jack with advanced support for high-impedance headphones
Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at 1 billion colors and:
- One external display with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz
Thunderbolt 3 digital video output
- Native DisplayPort output over USB‑C
- VGA, HDMI, DVI, and Thunderbolt 2 output supported using adapters (sold separately)
- Supported formats include HEVC, H.264, and ProRes
- HDR with Dolby Vision, HDR10, and HLG
- Supported formats include AAC, MP3, Apple Lossless, FLAC, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby Atmos
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: –13° to 113° F (–25° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
Size and Weight
- Height: 0.44 inch (1.13 cm)
- Width: 11.97 inches (30.41 cm)
- Depth: 8.46 inches (21.5 cm)
- Weight: 2.7 pounds (1.24 kg)4
macOS is the most advanced desktop operating system in the world. macOS Ventura makes the things you do most on Mac even better, so you can work smarter, play harder, and go further.
Learn more about latest operating system
macOS User Guide
Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of their new MacBook Air. With built-in support for vision, hearing, mobility, and learning, you can create and do amazing things.
Learn more about Accessibility
- Voice Control
- Increase Contrast
- Reduce Motion
- Siri and Dictation
- Switch Control
- Live Captions
- App Store
- Find My
- Photo Booth
- QuickTime Player
- Time Machine
- Voice Memos
In the Box
- 13-inch MacBook Air
- 30W USB-C Power Adapter (M2 with 8-core GPU) or 35W Dual USB-C Port Compact Power Adapter (M2 with 10-core GPU and 512GB storage)
- USB-C to MagSafe 3 Cable (2 m)
Configure to Order
- Configure your MacBook Air with these options at apple.com:
- M2 with 10-core GPU
- 16GB or 24GB unified memory
- 512GB, 1TB, or 2TB SSD
- 35W Dual USB-C Port Compact Power Adapter
- 70W USB-C Power Adapter
MacBook Air and the Environment
13-inch MacBook Air with M2 chip is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact:6
See the 13-inch MacBook Air with M2 chip Product Environmental Report
Made with better materials
- 100% recycled rare earth elements in all magnets, representing 98% of the rare earth elements in the device
- 90% recycled steel in the battery tray
- 100% recycled aluminum in the enclosure7
- 100% recycled tin in the solder of the main logic board
- 35% or more recycled plastic in multiple components
- ENERGY STAR® certified8
- Arsenic-free display glass
- Mercury-, BFR-, PVC-, and beryllium‑free
- Over 20% of manufacturing electricity sourced from supplier clean energy projects10
- No established final assembly supplier sites generate any waste sent to landfill11
- 100% of the virgin wood fiber in the packaging comes from responsibly managed forests12
- 96% or more fiber-based, due to our work to eliminate plastic in packaging13
Apple and the Environment
Today, Apple is carbon neutral for global corporate operations, and we are focused on our Apple 2030 goal to make every product carbon neutral.
See Apple’s commitment
Declared noise emission values in accordance with ECMA-109
|Sound Power Level
L W A,m (B)
|Sound Pressure Level
L p A,m (dB)
|Idle||1.3 (K V = 0.3)||4|
|Wireless web||1.3 (K V = 0.3)||4|
- L W A,m is the mean A-weighted sound power level, rounded to the nearest 0.1 B.
- L p A,m is the mean A-weighted sound pressure level measured at operator position (rounded to the nearest 1 dB).
- 1 B (bel) = 10 dB (decibel).
- K v is the statistical adder for computing upper-limit of A-weighted sound power level.
- The quantity, L W A,c (formerly called L W Ad) may be computed from the sum of L W A,m and K v .
- The wireless web test browses 6 tabs with a mix of content including media.
- Configuration tested: M2, 8-core CPU, 10-core GPU, 8GB unified memory, 1TB storage.
- Screen size is measured diagonally. The displays on the 13-inch and 15-inch MacBook Air with M2 chip have rounded corners at the top. When measured as a standard rectangular shape, the screens are 13.6 inches and 15.3 inches diagonally (actual viewable area is less).
- Testing conducted by Apple in May 2022 using preproduction 13-inch MacBook Air systems with Apple M2, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 8GB of RAM, and 256GB SSD. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 8 clicks from bottom. The Apple TV app movie playback test measures battery life by playing back HD 1080p content with display brightness set to 8 clicks from bottom. Battery life varies by use and configuration. See apple.com/batteries for more information.
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes and 1TB = 1 trillion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are available on the Mac App Store. Downloading apps requires an Apple ID and a device that is compatible with the OS version required for each app.
- Data accurate as of product launch.
- Recycled material claim applies to the enclosure and is based on auditing done by UL LLC.
- ENERGY STAR and the ENERGY STAR mark are registered trademarks owned by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- Apple’s Regulated Substances Specification describes Apple’s restrictions on the use of certain chemical substances in materials in Apple products, accessories, manufacturing processes, and packaging used for shipping products to Apple’s end-customers. Restrictions are derived from international laws or directives, regulatory agencies, eco-label requirements, environmental standards, and Apple policies. Every Apple product is free of PVC and phthalates except for AC power cords in India, Thailand (for 2-prong AC power cords), and South Korea, where we continue to seek government approval for our PVC and phthalates replacement. Apple products comply with the European Union Directive 2011/65/EU and its amendments, including exemptions for the use of lead such as high-temperature solder. Apple is working to phase out the use of these exempted substances for new products where technically possible.
- We estimate the percentage of electricity-related emissions in our manufacturing that is sourced from clean electricity by attributing to our carbon model clean energy procured by our suppliers in the prior fiscal year, based on the supplier manufacturing allocations at time of product launch. Included in this number is only clean electricity that Apple or its suppliers have procured as part of Apple’s Supplier Clean Energy Program.
- All established final assembly supplier sites—those that have been Apple suppliers for more than one year—for 13-inch MacBook Air with M2 chip are third-party verified as Zero Waste by UL LLC (UL 2799 Standard). UL requires at least 90 percent diversion through methods other than waste to energy to achieve Zero Waste to Landfill (Silver 90–94 percent, Gold 95–99 percent, and Platinum 100 percent) designations.
- Responsible sourcing of wood fiber is defined in Apple’s Sustainable Fiber Specification. We consider wood fibers to include bamboo.
- Breakdown of U.S. retail packaging by weight. Adhesives, inks, and coatings are excluded from our calculations of plastic content and packaging weight.